Yamaha VIN Decoder
If you want to buy a used Yamaha car or vehicle, a Yamaha VIN decoder could be of great help.
Here is everything about Yamaha VIN decoder - what does it reveal and how you can run a free Yamaha VIN decoder for free.
What Is Yamaha VIN Decoder & How Does It Work?
Yamaha ATV VIN decoder is an online service through which you can run a check on Yamaha vehicles through its VIN code. VIN is a Vehicle Identification Number unique to each vehicle.
It is a unique identification code of 17 characters that lets you know a lot about the vehicle. Each character of the VIN has a specific meaning that provides further information on a vehicle, like where it was manufactured, the type of vehicle, and so much more.
A Yamaha VIN decoder works by decoding each character of the VIN. VIN is like a vehicle's fingerprint, unique to each vehicle.
For instance, Yamaha VIN code starts with, let's say, JYA, where J is for Japan, i.e., the place where the vehicle is manufactured, Y stands for Yamaha, which is the label of the vehicle, and A stands for a motorcycle which is the type of vehicle.
How To Decode A Yamaha VIN?
It is simple to decode a Yamaha VIN with the help of a VIN decoder. Yamaha VIN decoder is a free online service.
Here is a step-to-step guide on how to decode a Yamaha VIN.
- Find the Yamaha VIN
- Open the VinPit VIN decoder. If you want to run a VIN decoder for free, look for VinPit online. Search for the VIN decoder and type the Yamaha VIN on the given field there.
- Hit Decode. Once entered, hit the decode button, and the results will be displayed in a few seconds. You will also get a detailed vehicle history report.
Understanding The Decoded Information
Here is what this 17-character code of Yamaha VIN stands for.
The 1st character of the VIN tells where the Yamaha vehicle is manufactured. VINs starting with the number 4 or 1 means they are made in Japan, 2 stands for Canada, 3 for Mexico, and so on. They may also start with alphabets like J, K, W, Z, etc., which stand for different countries as well.
The 2nd character would be C in most cases, which stands for the motor vehicle manufacturer.
The third character of the VIN code determines the manufacturer division in which the vehicle was produced.
4th to 8th character
These 5 characters indicate features of the vehicle therefore known as the vehicle description code. It includes information like the type of engine, the model of the vehicle, body style, etc.
The 9th character is a security character that is used to check if the VIN is correct or not. This digit is calculated using the weight factor table on the entire VIN.
This character stands for the year of the vehicle model. Different years are coded with different characters. Previously it was denoted by an alphabet. Now, they are coded with numbers.
11th to 17th character
The last seven characters stand for the production sequence number. The 11th character stands for the plant where the vehicle was assembled.
What Can You Find out with a Yamaha VIN Decoder?
Finding a VIN of a vehicle is difficult if you are new to this. Depending on the type of vehicle, you may have to see it in different areas. Here are some of the places where you will find VIN imprinted on your vehicle.
- Check for both sides of the steering tube/head pipe i.e. near the top of the front wheel. You will find it printed vertically. The code is stamped on both sides of the tube.
- It is sometimes also imprinted on the motor of the vehicle. Find it behind the clutch cover near the right side of the motor.
- You can also find it on the vehicle frame in the front. It is sometimes put over a small metal plate that also mentions other information on the vehicle.
Why Do You Need to Run a Yamaha VIN Lookup?
A Yamaha VIN lookup can be done for various valid reasons like:
- To gain accurate information on the vehicle before purchasing it
- To match the information on the vehicle provided by the seller with the official records of the same
- To know if the VIN is cloned or fake. If the VIN you have doesn't match the vehicle specifications, you will know better.
- It also helps in knowing if the vehicle parts are repaired or replaced.
Yamaha Sample VIN Numbers
- JYARM06YXGA002282 — 2016 Yamaha Fz07c - (689 cc), Motorcycle - Sport
- JYARJ16E0AA020429 — 2010 Yamaha YZF-R6 - (600 cc), Motorcycle - Sport
- JYAVP02E42A018410 — 2002 Yamaha XV1600 AS (1602CC), Motorcycle - Cruiser
- JYAVP32EXDA003396 — 2013 Yamaha XVS1300CT CT (1300CC), Motorcycle - Cruiser
- JYAVM01E76A087480 — 2006 Yamaha XVS650 - (650CC), Motorcycle - Cruiser
Yamaha VIN lookup FAQs
How Do You Tell A Year From A Yamaha VIN?
Look for the 10th character of your Yamaha VIN for finding the year of the model. If it lies between J to Y, the year would be 1998 to 2000 respectively. If it's a digit, for instance, 2 will stand for the year 2002, 5 will stand for the year 2005, and so on.
How To Know What Yamaha ATV I Have?
To locate VIN on Yamaha ATV, look near the front end of your vehicle under the shift lever. You can also find VIN on the title of your vehicle.
If the second letter of the VIN is Y, your ATV is Yamaha, otherwise not.
How To Read A Yamaha Motorcycle VIN?
Yamaha motorcycle VIN reads in the same manner as other Yamaha vehicles. First, find the VIN on your motorcycle and then run a VIN decoder to read it.
Are VIN Decoders Safe?
VIN decoders are safe to run. You can share your VIN on the VIN decoders to know more about the vehicle.
Run a free Yamaha VIN search on VinPit and know everything about the vehicle you should know before buying it. Additionally, you can also access other services like VIN check, VIN decoder, license plate lookup, and vehicle history report. Check out now.