Louisiana is a U.S. state located in the Deep South region. The state got named after King Louis XIV of France and was first called 'La Louisiane.' It's the country's only state with political subdivisions known as parishes.
If you live in Louisiana and want to drive a car on public roads, the vehicle must have a title and registration from the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicle. If you’re shopping for a second-hand automobile, ensure the dealer or previous owner assigns you the certificate of title.
Buying used motor vehicles has many risks, and some people even say that you're purchasing another person's problems. However, that shouldn't be the case if you first conduct a VIN number lookup for your desired car.
The Louisiana license plate lookup is a search engine that allows auto buyers to double-check vehicle details before closing deals. It provides records about ownership, liens, accidents, VIN, damage, etc.
What Can I Do with a Louisiana License Plate Lookup?
With a Louisiana OMV license plate lookup, you can protect yourself from fraudulent auto deals and remove the fear of buying used vehicles. The web service tells you relevant information about a used car before you spend anything.
The following is a list of things the Louisiana license plate lookup offers consumers:
- Title details of the car you want to buy.
- Theft and accident data if there’s any available.
- The date and report of the latest inspection.
- Repossession and loan records involving the vehicle.
- Fire/flood damage (this is useful information, especially to Louisiana residents).
- State law violations, if there're any.
- Grey market information about the car.
- Odometer readings.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
You can use the VIN to perform another quick and more revealing search. Once decoded, the 17-character code allows you to know about the vehicle's model, its manufacturer, year of manufacture, recalls/repair records, and type/condition of the engine.
How Can I Look Up a Louisiana License Plate?
You can search number plates for any Louisiana-registered automobile with this search tool quickly and free of charge. Here’s how to get started:
- The first thing to do is to find the license plate lookup located at the rear of a vehicle.
- Open the online-based Louisiana license plate lookup website.
- Type the car’s license plate number in the provided field and click the search license plate tab.
- You’ll wait for several minutes for the tool to provide the vehicle’s report.
Types of License Plates Available in Louisiana
When you register a vehicle with the Louisiana OMV, they issue you a registration certificate and the license plate. It's required that the license plate has to be securely fastened and attached to the car's back.
If you haven't found your preferred license plate, the DMV gives you the standard Louisiana license plate. Usually, the license plates have a white background, blue lettering, and the state name written in red at the top.
The best part is that there’re other different types of Louisiana license plates. Each specialty license plate has specified requirements and eligibility qualifications. Here’re some of the special license plates that you can use in Louisiana:
Charities and Special Causes License Plates
- Food Bank License Plates.
- Protect Our Forests License Plates.
Educational License Plates
- High School License Plates.
- Colleges and Universities License Plates.
- Fraternity and Sororities License Plates.
Professional License Plates
- EMT License Plates.
- Firefighter License Plates.
- Shriners License Plates.
Special Vehicle License Plates
- Antique Vehicle License Plate.
- Street Cruiser License Plate.
- Street Rod License Plate.
If you lose your license plate or get damaged somehow, you'll have to contact the Louisiana OMV to request replacements. For the case where someone stole your license plates, you'll need a statement about the theft. The replacement plates should be ready in 30 days.
In Conclusion, the Louisiana license plate lookup tells you if a used vehicle had a recall, got damaged by natural disasters, and is about repairs, go to VinPit and check out our vehicle service line up including VIN checking services now!