Your local DMV or police station can help you get information about your vehicle. But it can be troublesome because it will often take several days of waiting. However, a Minnesota license plate lookup from VinPit can take a couple of minutes and give you the information you need right at that moment.
A Minnesota license plate lookup gathers information from online public sources and includes accident records, odometer readings, mileage, and even the VIN itself. That way, you can avoid buying problem-ridden vehicles or paying outrageous prices.
With so many car buyers in America recognizing the importance of license plate lookups, they are turning to license plate lookups to get reports about their vehicles when they buy or resell a used car.
In this article, we will tell you how to do a license plate lookup, and show you why a Minnesota license plate search is necessary, the type of Minnesota license plate, and car facts that you can get from running a plate check.
What Info Can I Get through a Minnesota License Plate Lookup?
A Minnesota license plate lookup will reveal all the essential details about a car's condition. These include general Information about the vehicle's:
- Records of liens, repossession
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Time of the last inspection
Some used cars with a history of serious accidents will put you at risk. So it's important to know the accident records of your vehicle by using a Minnesota license plate lookup tool beforehand.
If you buy a stolen car, it's likely that you will end up losing your money and even being arrested. However, a Minnesota license plate lookup service can tell you whether a car has been stolen before you ever make the purchase.
A Minnesota license plate lookup is a convenient way to know the market value of your vehicle, which helps you buy a used car at a reasonable price. Rather than trying to look up the Kelly Blue Book value of a car, the license plate lookup includes the market value along with all the other information we've discussed.
A car with a history of recalls has some hidden safety risks, in the worst case, those risks could be fatal. But a license plate search tool can help you check the recall records and even show whether the vehicle was serviced for them, or ignored by the owner.
Some car dealers will tamper with the odometer of used vehicles; NHTSA indicates that there are over 452,000 vehicles involved in odometer fraud per year. The results you get from a license plate search will report this kind of fraud and help you avoid being tricked by an unscrupulous seller.
Cars are often seriously damaged in floods and major accidents, but some people will fix them and try to sell them without disclosing this critical damage. Salvaged cars are hard to insure with significant damage, and you will pay a lot of money to fix them. Doing a license plate lookup can help you avoid the trap of buying a salvaged car sold by scammers.
How to Do a Minnesota License Plate Lookup
With so many license plate lookup options on the market, you might be confused about which one you should choose. And some of them could be swindlers and scam artists. No worries, We are here to help you.
On our website, VinPit, running a Minnesota license plate lookup is just a click away. You won't waste time submitting documents and or dealing with complicated lookup progress. Here are the straightforward steps:
- Locate our license plate lookup function
- Enter your Minnesota license plate number in the search box
- You will get a report of your vehicle in a matter of minutes
Where to Get License Plate Lookup Service?
There are three other ways to get license plate lookup services: government agencies, online sites, and private investigators. Here are their significant differences. Check the below table before making a decision.
|DMV, NICB, NHTSA
|Official and reliable Sources
|Online progress, quick results
|Hard to tell scammers
What Are the Benefits of Doing a License Plate Number Lookup through VinPit?
- Quick results: We retrieve the information about your car within minutes.
- Comprehensive reporting: Our reports include extensive information, such as the spec information, accident records, and salvage history.
- Highly convenient: You can do license plate lookup from the comfort of your home with your phone or laptop.
- Non-disclosure Policy: We are committed to ensuring your private information is confidential, and we guarantee no one can obtain your search history.
- No hidden costs: Our service is totally free and there are no hidden costs.
- Accurate, up-to-date information: You can rest easy that you will get an accurate and up-to-date report as the information is accessed from insurance companies, the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS).
Categories of Minnesota License Plates
Here are the types of Minnesota license plates that you can get for your vehicle:
- Standard plates - Standard plates are issued to passenger vehicles that can carry a maximum of 15 passengers (including the driver).
- Personalized plates - The payment for a personalized plate in Minnesota is $100 and a $10 filing fee (and the regular renewal fee).
- Disability plates - In Minnesota, physically disabled drivers can apply for a Disability License Plate.
- Limousine plates - You'll need to provide proof that your limousine is insured before you can get the plates.
- Special Registration plates - According to the MVDS, Special Registration Plates give a licensed or limited licensed driver temporary permission to drive a vehicle that has been hit with a license plate impoundment order.
- Tax Exempt Local - A 'Tax Exempt Local' plate indicates that a vehicle is free from certain vehicle taxes.
- Tax Exempt State - Tax Exempt State Plates are used for vehicles belonging to a Minnesota State Agency. By law, these vehicles are exempt from the Motor Vehicle Tax.
- Dealer - Minnesota issues dealer plates to licensed dealers to allow employees or customers to drive unregistered vehicles on highways.
- Specialized plates - Specialized plates are often purchased to support or express a special interest.
- Van Pool - MVDS issues Van Pool plates to commuter vans (seating seven to 16 persons) used to transport employees to and from their place of employment.
What do I need to get a Minnesota license plate?
To get a vehicle license plate in Minnesota, you'll need to provide your title and registration information. You'll also need to complete the necessary paperwork and pay the corresponding fees and taxes. You can also renew your license plate online rather than visiting your local DMV.
Is conducting a Minnesota plate search legal?
Yes, it is legal to do a Minnesota license plate lookup through us. We have the right to collect information from public sources and present you with the results of your vehicle. However, always remember that using a plate search tool to get private information about the car owner is illegal. That is a service we do not provide.
Who needs a Minnesota license plate lookup service?
A Minnesota license plate lookup service is helpful for people who want to buy a used car by uncovering the hidden problems of this car. Beyond that, it can also be a good option when you want to sell a car as you can determine the maximum value.
Plus, you can double-check all the accuracy of the information, as there is a good chance your buyer will be looking up that same information.
Can I Get a Free License Plate Lookup?
There are many best VIN check services that can help you get details about your vehicle through a Minnesota license plate lookup without any charges required. VinPit is one of those websites.
Can I use a car's VIN to look up a Minnesota license plate?
Yes, you can easily look up a Minnesota license plate using the vehicle's VIN as long as you fill out the DVS Record Request form. However, you must designate what you plan to use the information for and how you qualify to receive it. There is also a national title registry where you can look up a vehicle using the VIN to view crash reports and recalls.
Before you buy a used car, you'll want to do a Minnesota license plate lookup because it can tell the history of your vehicle and help you avoid buying one with potential risks or hidden problems.
Don't stress over choosing a license plate lookup service provider. VinPit stands out from its rivals and can always be your best choice. We help you retrieve free car-related information via a Minnesota license plate lookup in a short time.