Volkswagen, with the acronym "VW", is a leading automotive company based in Berlin, Germany. The company was founded in 1937 by the German Labour Front. Volkswagen is the flagship brand of the Volkswagen Group.
The Volkswagen Jetta has been a compact car manufactured since 1979. It is a car for the big and mighty in society. If you cannot afford an entirely new Volkswagen Jetta, you can still purchase a second-hand one, but with good value.
However, to avoid falling prey to buying a damaged or stolen vehicle, it is important to use a VW Jetta VIN Decoder to check the history of the vehicle before signing papers.
What Can I Get from a VW Jetta VIN Decoder?
The VW Jetta VIN is a unique 17-digit string that vehicle manufacturers print on every vehicle to give it a unique identity. If you enter your vehicle VIN into a VW Jetta VIN Decoder, you can get the following:
- To identify VW Jetta recall checks;
- To check the vehicle's history so that you don't buy a damaged or faulty vehicle;
- To determine the match parts of your faulty Volkswagen vehicle for possible replacement;
- Your insurance company will need the VIN number to insure your vehicle;
- To eliminate the doubt of buying a damaged vehicle.
How to Decode A VW Jetta VIN?
The VW Jetta VIN number comes in 17 characters printed on different strategic locations on all Volkswagen vehicles.
We will use this sample VW Jetta VIN number - 3VW4T7AJ7HM356704 to show how to read a VW Jetta VIN.
- The 1st character (3) represents the VW Jetta’s origin. In this case, Germany;
- The 2nd character (V) represents the manufacturer, in this case, Volkswagen;
- The 3rd character (W) stands for the vehicle type (passenger car);
- The 4th-8th characters (4T7AJ) represent the description of the vehicle, such as L4 DOHV 16V Turbo;
- The 9th character (7) stands for the vehicle check digit;
- The 10th character (H) stands for the vehicle's model year. In this case, 2017;
- The 11th character (M) represents the vehicle assembly plant. In this case, Berlin, Germany;
- The 12th-17th characters (356704) represent the vehicle's production sequence number. Each Volkswagen vehicle on the market has a sequence number.
VW Jetta VIN Decoder FAQs
What Can I Do With A VW Jetta VIN Decoder?
There are so many things you can do with a VW Jetta VIN Decoder from VinPit. First, you can use it to determine the match parts of a faulty VW Jetta vehicle for replacement. Secondly, you can use it to check whether your vehicle has any recall history. Thirdly, you can use it to determine whether or not a VW Jetta vehicle has been illegally modified prior to purchase.
Is There Any Harm In Giving Out My VW Jetta VIN number?
There is no harm in giving out your VW Jetta VIN number to a prospective buyer. Your VIN number is just like your vehicle registration number. There's nothing anybody can do with it except to check the history of your vehicle and other important information about your vehicle. So, feel free to give your VIN number to any car buyer.
Can The Law Enforcement Agencies Use My VW Jetta VIN Number To Recover My Stolen Vehicle?
YES! In the event of loss, law enforcement agencies can use your VW Jetta VIN number to trace your stolen car. So, once your car is stolen, contact the police department with your VIN number.
The VW Jetta VIN Decoder is a powerful tool to behold each time you want to buy either a new car or a second-hand vehicle with value. If you decode your car's VIN number, you will see vital information (such as engine type, year manufactured, model, and matching parts) at a glance.
Before you buy any VW Jetta vehicle, ensure at every point in time, you use the VIN decoder to verify the status of the vehicle you intend to buy. This will help you to avoid buying a stolen or damaged vehicle.