Lexus VIN Decoder
Lexus is part of the world-renowned car manufacturer Toyota. Every Lexus vehicle has a special identifier code known as VIN. The Lexus VIN holds important information, such as the car’s year of production, manufacturer, model, and type of engine. The company started using it in 1989 to safeguard the company’s brand and identity.
A Lexus VIN lookup gives you access to your car’s valuable information. Doing it manually can be quite tedious, so use a reliable Lexus VIN Decoder to save yourself time and energy.
What Is Lexus VIN Decoder & How It Works?
The Lexus VIN Decoder is a user-friendly tool that quickly gives you information about your car. It easily interprets the combination of letters and numbers to identify your vehicle’s model, year, make, and engine. The data obtained is useful for purchasing after-market parts.
The Lexus vehicle identification number decoder in the market gets the data encoded in the VIN pattern or VIN Squish. Other Lexus VIN decoder options will provide additional information about the vehicle and its configuration. This includes the installed equipment, OEM Model Number, options codes, and package code.
A Lexus VIN decoder is more helpful than a VIN Check Tool. The Lexus VIN Decoder will give you a complete set of information. On the other hand, the Check Tool will only confirm the VIN’s validity.
Where to Find the Lexus VIN Code?
Before trying to decipher Lexus VIN Code, you must first know where to find it. The VIN can be spotted on the driver’s side of the windshield or the dashboard. Lexus models also contain special labels with the VIN code to help you find it faster. Try checking the driver’s door jamb as well.
The special Lexus window sticker with the VIN can also be in other parts of your car:
- Radiator support
- Left and right fenders
- Below the car’s rear hatch
- The hood’s front edge
Congratulations! You’ve now located your car’s VIN code. The next step is to confirm that the code is valid. In order to do this, check the set of digits for the following:
- The codes should have exactly 17 digits.
- The 1st digit tells you the country that made the car. The letter J stands for Japan, while the number “2” stands for Canada.
- The 2nd digit tells you about the manufacturer. You should see a letter T.
- The 3rd digit corresponds to the type of vehicle.
- The 4th-8th digit corresponds to the body, engine, and drive type of the car.
- The 9th digit is a security code. It confirms that the VIN is authorized by the manufacturer.
- The 10th digit is the car’s model year.
- The last six digits serve as the car’s serial number.
What Should You Do to Decode a Lexus VIN with Ease?
The long and hard way to check the VIN is by using the manufacturer’s VIN number decoder. You will search the term “VIN number decoder” online with the name of the manufacturer. For instance, try looking up “Lexus VIN number decoder”.
Trying to decipher a complex combination of letters and numbers is tiring. Fortunately, technology made it possible to do this task quickly. All you need is a handy Lexus VIN Decoder like VinPit. Just do the following steps:
- Step 1: Copy and paste the VIN of the car you want to check to the decoder.
- Step 2: Click “Decode Now”.
- Step 3: Receive the car’s VIN report within a few seconds.
- Step 4: Review the report on your phone or laptop.
What Can You Discover with a Lexus VIN Decoder?
Getting a Lexus is a huge investment. A Lexus VIN Decoder will assure you that the model you bought is not fake. The Lexus VIN will provide the following vital information:
- Type of engine
- Year of production
- Production number
- The original vehicle’s plant code
Why Do You Need a Lexus VIN Check?
Using a Lexus VIN Decoder benefits you in two ways:
- It helps you identify the weak and strong points of the car.
Make it a habit to check the VIN code located in the registration card and the vehicle’s non-removable parts. This will confirm if the car is made the way the manufacturer would have built it.
- It helps check if the model of your Lexus car was recalled.
Several 2005 to 2007 Lexus SC cars were part of the Takata airbag recall. It was discovered that the airbags have the tendency to burst when deployed. You can get information about recalls through the Lexus VIN Recall Lookup.
- It helps you know about unseen details of the car.
Don’t purchase a Lexus without knowing about its past. A Lexus VIN Lookup will uncover any past accidents or manufacturing defects.
Lexus Sample VIN Numbers
Below are some examples of VINs found in Lexus vehicles:
- JTHHP5AY6JA003043 — COUPE 2-DR, Lexus LC 500 Coupe (5.0L V8 DOHC 32V), 2018 model
- JTHCK262595035174 — SEDAN 4-DR, Lexus IS 250 AWD 6-Speed Sequential (2.5L V6 24V DOHC), 2009 model
- JTHBE1BL1E5041737 — SEDAN 4-DR, Lexus GS 350 RWD (3.5L V6 DOHC 24V), 2014 model
- JTJHY7AX1G4217668 — SPORT UTILITY 4-DR, Lexus LX 570 Sport Utility (5.7L V8 DOHC 32V), 2016 model
Lexus VIN Lookup FAQ
1. Can I look up my Lexus VIN for free?
A franchised dealership usually gives you the car’s history report for free. The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System also has a list of 3rd party vendors that provide history reports.
2. Is my car’s information also available to others?
Any dealer can get information on your car like the Vehicle Health Report using your Lexus VIN number.
3. I can’t find my car’s VIN! Does this mean I have a fake Lexus?
The Lexus VIN can be found in different locations. It’s usually on the driver’s side windshield or dashboard. There is also a special Lexus window sticker placed in the car to help you locate it faster.
4. Do all Lexus cars have VIN?
All models produced from 1989 onwards have VIN. Lexus decided to use this to protect the company’s identity and brand.
5. What other information can I get from my Lexus VIN number lookup?
Aside from the history of accidents, you can also get the following information:
- Mileage rollback
- Damages by flood, fire, or any other means
- Car specifications
- Loans and liens
- Records of theft and recovery
Each Lexus has its own special VIN or Vehicle Identification Number. Consider this as your car’s fingerprint. The information it holds will help you maximize the use of your vehicle and protect your investment.
Decoding your Lexus VIN can be done in just one to two clicks. Use VinPit’s Lexus VIN Decoder. You can also have the vehicle history report and license plate lookup while you’re at it.