Hyundai Miata VIN Decoder
In the automotive industry, the Mazda MX-5 is known as a lightweight two-passenger roadster sports vehicle produced and sold by Mazda. The vehicle has a front mid-engine and a rear-wheel-drive layout. The Mazda MX-5 is marketed in North America as the Miata.
Whether you want to buy a new or second-hand Miata, you need to check the car history and other important information before signing papers. The easiest way to do that is to use a Miata VIN decoder. With the VIN decoder, you can also check accident history or whether the vehicle is stolen or damaged.
Why Does a Hyundai Miata VIN Decoder Matter?
- The match parts of a faulty Hyundai Miata vehicle for replacement;
- Whether your vehicle has any recall history;
- Determine whether or not a Hyundai vehicle has been illegally modified prior to purchase.;
- The basic data and maintenance records of a Hyundai Miata car prior to purchase;
- Fake VIN. This is very important so that you don't buy a stolen vehicle;
- You can also ensure your vehicle with your insurance company;
- A VIN decoder would also help you to eliminate the doubt of buying a damaged or stolen Hyundai vehicle;
How to Decode A Hyundai Miata VIN?
The Hyundai Miata VIN number comes in 17 characters. Each of these characters has a unique meaning independent of the other. We will use this sample Hyundai Miata VIN number - JM1NB3538Y0153757 to show you how to decode a Hyundai Miata VIN.
- The 1st character (J) represents the country of origin. In this case, Japan;
- The 2nd character (M) represents the manufacturer, in this case, Mazda;
- The 3rd character (1) stands for the vehicle type. Please note that 1 is for cars, 2 is for trucks, and 3 for MPVs etc. (All Miatas are cars);
- The 4th and 5th characters (NB) represent the model generation, in this case, M2 from 99-05;
- The 6th and 7th characters (35) stand for the vehicle body type (Convertible body (90-05);
- The 8th character (3) stands for the vehicle engine size;
- The 9th character (8) stands for the check digit (0 through Z, but has no meaning);
- The 10th character (Y) represents the model year (2000);
- The 11th character (0) represents the manufacturing plant (1990 and all Miata's after 1993 have a 0 and 1991-1993's have a 0 or a 1 for Hofu)
- The 12th-17th characters (153757) represent the vehicle production number.
Miata VIN Decoder FAQ
Q: What model Miata do I have?
A: The simplest way to determine the model of your Miata car is to decode the car VIN number. You can find the VIN number on the vehicle identification plate fixed to the bulkhead at the back of the engine bay or on the registration document.
Q: What does the 8th digit in a VIN number mean?
A: The VIN number consists of 17 characters. Characters in positions number 4 through 8 represent the vehicle's model, restraint system, body type, engine code, and transmission type. Character number 9 stands for the check digit, which is used to trace fake VINs.
Q: How do I know if my Mazda has a recall?
The only way to know if your Mazda vehicle has a recall is to decode your VIN number. Enter the 17 digits VIN number into a VIN decoder and your car history would be displayed on your screen.
A Miata VIN decoder is an essential software if you want to determine your vehicle history. As soon as you enter the 17 digits VIN number into a VIN decoder, you will see vital information about your car such as accident history, engine type, year manufactured, model, and matching pants.
Whether you want to buy a Mazda MX-5 Miata or any other model, the Miata VIN decoder is important to avoid buying a stolen or damaged vehicle. Additionally, you can use the VIN decoder to check the car maintenance history so that your car can serve you for a long time.