Free Toyota VIN Check & Lookup
Toyota manufactures almost two million cars in North America alone. If you are looking to buy a used Toyota car, it is important to do a Toyota VIN lookup so you know about the vehicle history that the dealer won’t tell you.
The used car market is flooded with Toyota cars, but whether or not it would be a good idea to invest in one depends on the car itself. A VIN inspection of the vehicle provides you with data that can help you in making the decision.
The good thing is that you do not need to hire an agency or visit any office to do a VIN check. You can conduct a VIN check for free at VinPit by running the VIN of the vehicle through the search feature. Keep reading to find out more
Why is a Toyota VIN Check Important?
Many reasons call for the need of a Toyota VIN check. For one thing, doing a VIN check on a Toyota car will let you know if the car was part of the vehicle recall done by Toyota.
For example, over 8 million vehicles were recalled by Toyota between 2015 and 2016. This means that there is a small chance that the used car you are thinking of buying could be part of this recall. You will only find out by doing a VIN check on the car itself.
A VIN check also provides details regarding the use and maintenance of the vehicle. People are less inclined to buy a car that was used as a rental. While the dealer might not share all this information with you during the sale, a VIN check will.
Additional parameters such as the accident history of the vehicle and the maintenance records also help the buyer in making an informed decision about buying the car or looking for another option. All this information can only be obtained by running a Toyota VIN check.
How to Perform a Toyota VIN Lookup?
Doing a Toyota VIN lookup is simple and easy. The only manual labor involved is the task of finding the VIN of the car on which you want to do the VIN lookup.
This number can generally be found on the dashboard front towards the driver side. You can see this number by looking through the windshield. Alternatively, the VIN is also present on the door side of the driver near the latch where the door hinges to the car frame.
The VIN is also mentioned on any vehicle document you might have, such as insurance documents or registration certificate.
Once you have the VIN, you can follow multiple ways to perform a Toyota VIN Lookup:
- Getting a detailed vehicle report from VinPit for free
- Using Toyota’s VIN lookup service to get the basic vehicle information
- Decoding the Toyota VIN yourself for manufacturing details
Detailed VIN Report and Title Information Through VinPit
VinPit provides VIN searches where you just need to enter the VIN and hit the search button. VinPit provides you with all the information on the vehicle (scroll down for learning what information you can get from VinPit’s VIN search).
There is no signup required to use VinPit’s VIN search service. Therefore, you can do a VIN search through VinPit right away.
Using Toyota’s VIN Lookup Service
Toyota also has a VIN search service where you can find details about a vehicle. However, this service will only provide you with the basic details (such as manufacturing information) and is used by people to look up data on their own Toyota car.
Decoding the VIN Yourself
Every number or letter on the 17 characters long VIN has a predefined meaning. It is possible to look for Toyota VIN charts and find out what each character of your VIN represents.
However, keep in mind that this will help you only with finding the manufacturing details of the car, such as the date and place of manufacture and the manufacturing plant. It will be of no help whatsoever if you want to do a used car VIN search.
What Information Will You Know From the Toyota VIN Lookup Report?
There are many things that you can learn from a Toyota VIN lookup report provided by VinPit. These include:
- Manufacturing Details
- Accident Records
- Maintenance history
- Title Brands (Flood damage, hail damage, salvage recovered, etc.)
- Special Purpose Designation (use as a taxi, rental car, etc.)
- Theft Records
Background & Basic Statistics About Toyota
Here are some interesting facts and stats about Toyota cars and trucks:
- Toyota is a Japanese automobile company with its headquarters in Toyota City, Japan. It was incorporated in 1937 and is one of the leading companies in car sales globally.
- According to Car logos, Toyota is the most popular mass-market car brand in the US. In 2019 alone, Toyota sold about 2.4 million cars in the United States.
- Most popular Toyota car models sold in the US are the Toyota Corolla and Toyota Camry.
- Toyota has recalled vehicles on multiple instances, which include recalls of 9 million cars and trucks globally from 2009 to 2010. Another major recall includes the recall of 7.43 billion vehicles in October 2012, due to power window switch issues.
- The most recent Toyota recall in North America happened in December 2018 when Toyota USA recalled vehicles fitted with the Takata airbags.
Used car dealers will hide many things from you, such as damages to the vehicle in the past and title brands of the vehicle. This is why a Toyota VIN lookup turns out to be vital before you go ahead with the purchase.
VinPit’s Toyota VIN check is a convenient way to assure that your money is going in the right place and you are not just buying a lemon for the hard-earned money that you are paying for a used car.